During his exile, he met the equally exiled Anastasia Romanov, who by sheer luck had not been in Russia when the rest of the Imperial family had been placed under house arrest. After the shooting of the Romanov family, she and Manuel married, and while she became the Queen consort of Portugal, Manuel became the Emperor consort of Russia after their coronation in the wizard city of St. Petersburg, and during this marriage he had only one daughter with Anastasia, named Maria Ana. He died in 1932 on the United Kingdom, the causes of his death unknown.
He was Hadrian von Habsburg 's (also known as Harry Potter) great-grandfather from his mother's side.
Titles, Honours and Styles
Titles and Styles
- 15 November 1889 - 1 February 1908 His Royal Highness The Duke of Beja
- 1 February 1908 - 2 July 1932 His Most Faithful Majesty The King of Portugal and the Algarves
- ? - 2 July 1935 His Imperial Majesty The Emperor consort of All the Russias
Manuel's official styling as King of Portugal:
By the Grace of the Gods and by the Constitution of the Monarchy, King of Portugal and the Algarves of either side of the sea in Africa, Angola, Mozambique and Nicaea, Archduke of Austria, Prince of Cape Verde, São Tomé and Príncipe, Timor and Goa, Duke of Hogsmeade, Lord of Guinea and of Conquest, Navigation, and Commerce of Ethiopia, Arabia, Persia, and India, etc.
As the King of Portugal, Manuel was Grand Master of the following Portuguese Orders:
- Order of Christ
- Order of Saint Benedict of Aviz
- Order of Saint James of the Sword
- Order of the Tower and the Sword
- Order of the Immaculate Conception of Vila Viçosa
King of Kings, Ruling Over Rulers (mentioned only)