- "If it isn't the most dangerous insurgent to ever walk the wizarding world, you are quite the terrorist, Howard.
Tell me, what has possessed you to attack my fortress? Surely a man as smart as you must realize you cannot hope to equal someone such as myself.
You're right, reaching those heights is an impossible climb. But I'm not here to beat you, Tom. Neither of us will walk these halls again after today.
Amusing as always Howard, I promise to inform the world about your passing."
- —Lord Voldemort and Howard Feret's final confrontation (alternate timeline)
Howard was sorted into Hufflepuff after a surprisingly long consideration by the Sorting Hat and graduated the year of the revived Triwizard Tournament.
He was one of the survivors of the Battle of Hogwarts and lived past the end of the Second Wizarding War.
By 2000 he married Allison Caine and together the two had a son and daughter.
Sometime before 2017 Howard became the Potions teacher and master at Hogwarts.
The young Feret was born to Clarence and Veronica Feret on March 5, 1977, in the United States.
Despite being born and raised for ten years in North America, Howard was accepted at Hogwarts due to his parents desiring for their son to attend the same wizarding school they themselves did and was sent to stay with the Weasely family, as Arthur and Molly were good friends of his parents.
During his trip to Diagon Alley, Howard bought a wand made comprised of Ebony and Unicorn hair that was 14 and a half inches in length from Ollivander's.
After boarding the Hogwarts Express he met two people going to Hogwarts for the first time just like he was, one was Lawrence Dunes and the other was Allison Caine, who were later sorted into Slytherin and Ravenclaw.
Howard attended Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry from 1988-1995, during his sorting ceremony, he was almost a hat-stall until picking Hufflepuff.
Leading up to his first year
Howard was sent to the Weasley household a few months before the 1988-1989 school year, getting to know and becoming good friends with the family.
First Year (1988-1989)
His first year was uneventful, though many professors noted his high aptitude for the majority of the school's curriculum. Percy Weasley was the only person he knew going into Hogwarts, and his closest friends were Lawrence and Allison, the three were nearly inseparable during the school year.
During Christmas, he was sent gifts and letters by his parents and stayed during the winter break.
Howard tried out for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team during this year but failed to gain a position.
Afte the school year ended and he returned to America he excitedly spoke to his parents about Hogwarts and they were happy to his him so excited about the experience and surprised by his high grades, but most importantly they were relieved to learn he had made some good friends.
Second Year (1989-1990)
Not much exciting happened during his second year, but Howard did witness Fred and George Weasley get sorted into Gryffindor. Howard, Lawrence, and Allison were mostly together during this year but did start to make new friendships.
Howard managed to gain a position on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team as a Beater, opposite of his friend Lawrence.
Third Year (1990-1991)
Howard is given a Time-Turner by Professor Dumbledore so he could take all of Hogwarts' many electives in his third year, but he wasn't allowed to tell anyone about it or travel more than once in a single usage of the time turner.
During this year Howard and Allison started a romantic relationship, and he began to notice tiny clues to her true nature as a werewolf despite her attempts to hide it, putting the pieces together shortly after the winter break.
Fourth Year (1991-1992)
Harry Potter, Hermoine Granger, and Ron Weasley start attending Hogwarts during the year, and he became acquainted with the new arrivals.
He also stumbled across the Mirror of Erised and saw himself successful in life with a wife and kids.
Allison asks one of her friends just before a full moon to tell Howard she wanted to meet him in the Shrieking Shack, Howard, putting the clues together, did so. Allison was unaware that Howard knew about her condition and was shaking as the time drew near, asking him to not hate her just before transforming. She had taken her Wolfsbane potion and was in full control, and Howard was also aware of this, so she saw him merely conjure a bedroll and sit down.
The next day, Allison woke up and found Howard had stayed the whole night. The two spoke about her condition for hours and he learned the name of the one who had bitten her, Fenrir Greyback.
Howard began studying the process to become an Animagus shortly afterward and spoke to Professor Snape about how to brew a Wolfsbane potion correctly, though he didn't explain why to the Professor directly.
Independently, Howard learned to conjure an incorporeal Patronus by thinking about time among his family around Christmas time.
Fifth Year (1992-1993)
During his fifth year, Howard began suspecting that Gildroy Lockhart was a fraud after he was unable to deal with a group of pixies without assistance.
He also became the male Prefect for Hufflepuff during this year.
He managed to conjure a full body Patronus by thinking about what he saw in the Mirror of Erised, with Allison in the place of the woman.
During the end of the year, Howard found out about the Chamber of Secrets from Ron, as well as Ginny's near death and later saw those affected by the Basilisk returned to normal just in time for the end of year feast.
Sixth Year (1993-1994)
Howard successfully became an Animagus during this year but didn't register. He was found out by Minerva McGonagall, though when he explained exactly why he had become an Animagus she allowed him to keep it a secret as long as he only used it to visit and stay with Allison during her Werewolf day and said she would be keeping an eye out for a Wolf Animagus on the grounds.
When Sirius Black appeared and took the form of a dog he was seen by Howard during one of Allison's werewolf days and reported it to Minerva and Dumbledore.
During one of the full moons, Howard saw Dementors closing in on the Shrieking Shack and used the Patronus Charm to drive them away, he also encountered Remus Lupin in the shack during this time and was one of the few students to discover he was a Werewolf before the end of the year.
He learned what his Boggart was during this year, the thought of being absolutely alone in a silent room, and his Riddikulus charm was a surprise party being thrown for him.
Howard visited Hogsmeade with Allison and Lawrence during this year and barely managed to not be thrown out of a tavern due to their antics.
As the Full Moon was occurring that night, Howard and Allison were in the Shrieking Shack during the reveal of Peter Pettigrew's survival and the true allegiance of Sirius Black, he and Allison rushed to tell Dumbledore of the events just before the full moon appeared, Allison turned into a werewolf right after entering the Headmaster's office.
Between the Sixth and Seventh Year
Howard worked to clear Sirius Black's name along with the other students that witnessed him and a reluctant Severus Snape by using a Pensive on them and Sirius Black during a trial, revealing that Sirius was, in fact, innocent and that Peter Pettigrew was guilty.
He also went to the Quidditch World Cup with the Weasleys, Hermoine Granger, Harry Potter, Lawrence Dunes, Allison Caine, and the Diggory family, running when ordered to by Arthur Weasley when Death Eaters attacked the tents.
In addition, Howard acquired an Apparation license before his Seventh year.
Seventh Year (1994-1995)
Howard's last year at Hogwarts was easily his most intense, as the Triwizard Tournament was brought back during this year and hosted by Hogwarts.
First Year of the Second Wizarding War
Second Year of the Second Wizarding War
Third and Final Year of the Second Wizarding War
Alternate Timeline's Events
Having orange hair and a few freckles, Howard was routinely mistaken for being a Weasley, which wasn't helped by his close bonds with the family.
At the age of 17, Howard stood 6 feet 2 inches, and never grew much taller than that.
He was noted to have a moderately muscular build during his years as a Beater, but when he appeared in the Department of Mysteries his physique was noted to have slimmed down slightly.
In the alternate timeline, Howard had a stronger build that had sustained many scars and burns, he was mostly blind in his right eye due to a dark spell. His hair was also graying early.
Personality and traits
Howard is a caring, thoughtful, bright, and loving person. During his sorting, Howard stalled the Sorting Hat for two minutes as it debated where to put him, noting ambition, cleverness, courage, and determination in Howard, eventually sorting him into Hufflepuff at the young Howard's suggestion.
Due to coming from North America, Howard's speech patterns were not common to Hogwarts and he routinely used slang and terms not common to Europe.
During his first and second years at Hogwarts he was much more closed off and mostly stayed with his good friends Lawrence Dune and Allison Caine, but by his third year, he began opening up more and became close to many other students in the school.
As his family did not live in England, Howard instead spent time at the Weasley household during the months before classes started at Hogwarts and came to view the Weasley children as his cousins while Arthur and Molly were his Uncle and Aunt, which as helped by his own parent's strong friendship with them.
While in school Howard came to view every student as his family, regardless of their house and was willing to assist anyone who needed it if they asked.
During his seventh year, Howard placed his name in the Goblet of Fire despite the potential risks the Triwizard Tournament could hold, viewing himself as capable of meeting and most likely overcoming the challenges.
Howard met the love of his life during his fourth year, Allison Caine, and eventually the two got together. Even after figuring out that she was a werewolf he didn't break up with her and instead worked to figure out ways to both help her manage the condition and become an Animagus to keep her company during the Full Moon, doing so in his Sixth year.
Among all the Death Eaters and their allies, Howard hated Fenrir Greyback the most, and made it his mission to hunt down and stop the monstrous man once and for all, succeeding in doing so during the Battle of Hogwarts, snapping his neck while Fenrir was a werewolf and Howard was an animagus wolf with his jaws
Howard's worst experience during the Second Wizarding War was his fight against Fenrir Greyback, as he bit the werewolf's neck hard enough to draw blood before snapping it, nearly going into shock at his own brutality and was horrified to taste blood in his mouth after turning back into a human.During the Battle of Hogwarts, Howard displayed the characteristics of an Alpha Wolf defending his pack and was willing to use darker magic to defend the students of Hogwarts if necessary, and when Doloris Umbridge, who he had heard about, appeared to assist the corrupted Ministry of Magic he took a somewhat sadistic pleasure out of defeating and subduing her, saying that she had harmed his family and would pay just before their extremely one-sided duel.
- "He was our shining star for the longest time, the only beacon of hope in a world that was shrouded in terror and darkness, Howard was the only one capable of putting up a fight after Hogwarts, and we followed him.
His wife... she died in 2004, after that he wasn't the same. That light and hope had dampened, and now he can't even perform the Patronus charm. Howard's just a general leading his soldiers in a war that, honestly, people are giving up on.
He seemed thrilled when Scorpius and I showed up.
That's a broken man grasping at any straw he can get kid, I wouldn't be surprised if you were sent by the Serpent to finally break him, and if it turns out that is why you're here, I'll kill you."
- —Howard's first lieutenant speaking to Scorpius Malfoy and Albus Potter
When avenging his wife, who was killed by Bellatrix Lestrange during the Battle of Hogwarts that Voldemort won, he was insanely cruel and sadistic. After disarming her he performed the Cruciatus Curse on the dark witch until she was crying out for him to show mercy and killed her with the Killing Curse the moment he was done.
When Albus and Scorpius presented the opportunity to fix the timeline and prevent the horrors of the alternate timeline from occurring he abandoned what little he had left to help them, willing to never exist if it meant Voldemort never rose to power.In addition, while he still disliked killing, Howard was far more willing to do so if needed and was personally responsible for the deaths of the Lestrange, Malfoy, and Black family members that were allied with Voldemort. In fact, he had killed so many Death Eaters that Voldemort eventually ordered those loyal to him to retreat on sight unless they outnumbered him 5 to 1.
- "So you two want my help storming the most heavily defended castle in the wizarding world, fight off the most dangerous Dark Lord to ever live, and locate a magical artifact that will restore the timeline to its normal path of events?
....Ummm... yes sir.
Let me tell everyone where I'm going and we will be off."
- —An older Howard from the Alternate Timeline speaking to Scorpius Malfoy and Albus Potter.
He also quickly agreed to the plan to restore the natural flow of events and accepted the story Scorpius and Albus told him with startling ease, which was noted by others to be him desperately grabbing at any strand of hope he could. Even though he finally killed Voldemort while searching for the Time-Turner, he still helped Albus and Scorpius change the timeline back to normal, and merely hoped that the new world was better than the one where Voldemort was victorious.
During his assault on the Ministrey, Howard demonstrated just how ruthless the war against Voldemort made him by unleashing his wrath upon the Death Eaters, butchering them, and later using the Imperious Curse, Legilimancy, and the Crucioutus Curse to get information out of Voldemort's daughter.
His brutal torture of the woman was disturbing enough that Scorpius Malfoy and Albus Potter drew their wands against him.
Howard has an intense fear of loneliness and nearly broke after being alone in a room charmed with a silence spell for a week by Death Eaters.
Magical abilities and skills
From a young age, Howard demonstrated great magical potential and intellect, picking up new skills and learning new courses with surprising ease. Like his future wife Allison Caine and younger classmate Hermoine Granger, Howard used a Time-Turner to take more classes than normal.
During his seventh year, Howard placed his name in the Goblet of Fire, viewing that he was able to match the challenges the Triwizard Tournament could have. After graduating from Hogwarts he was quickly brought into the Order of the Phoenix despite his young age.
In the alternate timeline accidently created by Scorpius Malfoy and Albus Severus Potter, Howard was one of the few wizards from the Battle of Hogwarts to still be alive and capable of resisting Voldemort's forces, who had won that battle in the altered timeline.
- Magical Aptitude: Howard is a very talented wizard and managed to pass 6 N.E.W.Ts with flying colors and achieved 7 O.W.Ls, four with "Exceeds Expectations" and three with "Acceptable", he also managed to produce a Patronus during his fourth year, and later made a Corporeal one during his fifth year, something that most fully grown Wizards are unable to pull off. He also became an Animagus during his sixth year after working on becoming one for only two years. In the alternate timeline, due to ten years of purely combative magic, by necessity he became one of the best duelists in the world and managed to outduel and kill Lord Voldemort despite the Dark Wizard wielding the Elder Wand, though this was partly due to Voldemort having unknowingly drunk a cursed potion for many weeks that hampered his ability to perform combative magic.
- Arithmancy: During his fifth year at Hogwarts, Howard achieved an "Exceeds Expectations" on his Arithmancy O.W.L, and later passed the N.E.W.T.
- Astronomy: While viewing the subject to be tedious and annoying, Howard achieved an "Outstanding" on the Astronomy O.W.L., but he did not take the N.E.W.T.
- Animagus: Howard learned how to become an Animagus during his sixth year at Hogwarts, and assumes the form of a Wolf. He usually takes on this form when his girlfriend, and later fiancee, Allison Caine transforms into a werewolf to keep her company during the full moon. Howard would use his wolf form to kill Fenrir Greyback after the Dark Wizard forced his own Werewolf transformation, snapping Greyback's neck. He was an unregistered Animagus until the fall of Voldemort.
- Apparition: Before his seventh year at Hogwarts Howard learned to apparate, allowing him to travel great distances. He even uses the skill in combat when available, however, in order to do this effectively, a spell has to be dangerously close him during the apparition, making this a reckless and potentially fatal move. He is capable of performing Side-Along Apparition, which he used to move Lavander Brown to Hogsmeade during the Battle of Hogwarts. He splinched some of the skin off his hand in the process, as he was distracted by feelings of disgust at his own actions during that time, having killed Fenrir Greyback, who was a werewolf at the time, while he was in his Animgaus form.
- Care of Magical Creatures: Howard managed an "Acceptable" in his Care of Magical Creatures O.W.L, but didn't pass the N.E.W.T. In addition, as he has witnessed and accepted death, Howard is able to see Thestrals and knows how to care for them and is even able to ride the beasts.
- Charms: Howard achieved an "Outstanding" on his O.W.L exam, and passed the N.E.W.T. during his seventh year and could cast a variety of charms to produce many effects. He is particularly skilled with Defensive charms, as noted by Filius Flitwick, which came in handy when he joined the Order of the Phoenix. His Protego is particularly strong and capable of withstanding several high-level hexes or a few mid-level curses before breaking. By the time of the Battle of Hogwarts, Howard's skill in charms had increased to the point that he could assist Filius Flitwick, Horace Slughorn, and Molly Weasley in erecting a very powerful barrier that required Voldemort to use a large, continuous bolt of magic to destroy.
- Dark Arts: While he hates using it, Howard has an impressive knowledge of Dark magic and is capable of performing the Cruciatus curse, however, as he does not want to inflict pain for its own sake he can only create a jolt of agony. Despite this, he can use the curse to bypass most defensive charms and open up his opponent to further attacks. Howard also has knowledge of many hexes and curses that can distract or weaken his opponents in a duel. In the alternate timeline accidentally created by Scorpius Malfoy and Albus Potter, his knowledge of the dark arts had increased substantially, and he could perform the Unforgivable Curses with far greater ease. He was also able to curse a potion he made to further interfere with the control over combative magic of anyone who drank it, which was so subtle that even Voldemort couldn't detect it. He could use the Imperious Curse and Cruciatus Curse with such ease that Voldemort's daughter turned into a crying mess afterward.
- Defense against the Dark Arts: Howard achieved an Outstanding on his O.W.L and passed his N.E.W.T. at DADA during his seventh year at Hogwarts, showing a great deal of understanding, talent, and skill at the subject. Partly due to this he was given to opportunity to join the Order of the Phoenix after graduating. He was able to recognize the signs of a werewolf during his third year, and independently discovered Allison Caine's condition with only a small amount of clues. He later did the same in his Sixth year with Professor Lupin.
- Divination: While highly interested in the subject, Howard had very little skill in Divination and barely achieved an "Acceptable" in the O.W.L. He did not take the N.E.W.T.
- Dueling: Howard is an incredibly skilled duellist, and remained undefeated in the dueling club during his fifth year. His preferred spell is Stupify, which is noted to be very potent in comparison to most that use the spell. At the age of 18, he joined the Order of the Phoenix and was able to survive the Battle at the Department of Mysteries, fighting against skilled and more experienced Death Eaters combatants such as Lucius Malfoy with only moderate injuries. Despite his skill, Howard was unable to defeat a group of Snatcher that included Fenrir Greyback and three Death Eaters during Voldemort's rise to power and was captured by them. During the Battle of Hogwarts, he managed to gradually outduel Fenrir Greyback by himself before the Werewolf could harm Lavender Brown. He easily defeated Doloris Umbridge and fought the powerful Death Eater Antonin Dolohov equally until Filius Flitwick appeared and helped him defeat the Dark wizard. He was on the losing end of a fight against Bellatrix Lestrange but was able to stave off death long enough for reinforcements in the form of Ginny Weasley, Hermoine Granger, and Luna Lovegood to arrive and assist him, though even together they couldn't take Bellatrix down. By 2017 his skills had increased enough that he was able to nearly equal Head Auror Harry Potter in demonstrations for the Defense Against the Dark Arts class. In the alternate timeline accidentally created by Albus Potter and Scorpius Malfoy's actions, Howard was the leader of the resistance against Voldemort and his dueling skills were noted to be leagues above what they had been during the Battle of Hogwarts, he was personally responsible for the demise of many Death Eaters, including the entire roster that survived the Battle of Hogwarts except Voldemort himself. His skill was proven by the fact that he had fought the Dark Lord multiple times and lived to fight another day, and during the attempt to secure a time-turner for the temporally displaced students, he fought the Dark Lord alone and managed to finally kill him once and for all, despite Voldemort holding the Elder Wand, though this was only possible due to a cursed potion that was unknowingly drunk by Voldemort for several weeks beforehand, which caused him difficulties in forming his magic properly during combat.
- Flying/Quidditch: Howard was a skilled Beater on the Hufflepuff team during his time at Hogwarts. During the Broomstick class in his first year, Howard lifted his broomstick after four tries.
- Herbology: As his Head of House is the Herbology professor, Howard made sure to put extra work in the subject and achieved an "Exceeds Expectations" in the O.W.L. for the course and later passed the N.E.W.T.
- History of Magic: Howard achieved an O.W.L. in History of Magic with "Exceeds Expectations", but did not pass the N.E.W.T for the subject.
- Love: Howard is capable of deep, genuine love, and was in a stable, loving relationship with Allison Caine since his third year at Hogwarts. His love for her despite her werewolf condition motivated him to become an Animagus and learn to brew a Wolfsbane potion. He was also one of the few male students unaffected by the allure of the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic students.
- Muggle Studies: Howard passed Muggle Studies with an "Outstanding" but did not take the N.E.W.T.
- Occlumency/Legilimency: After becoming a member of the Order of the Phoenix, Howard was trained in this art and has some skill in the Occlumency but he is unable to shield his mind against higher Death Eaters or Order of the Phoenix members. His skill in Legilimency is similar, unable to breach the defenses of moderately skilled Occlumens. By 2017 his skill had presumably increased, and in the alternate timeline, he was able to mostly shield his mind from Voldemort during their fights, keeping the Dark Lord on his toes. He could use Legilimency to infiltrate the mind of Voldemort's daughter when he, Scorpius, and Albus were searching for the Time-Turner.
- Patronus: During his fourth year Howard learned to conjure an incorporeal Patronus, and later in his fifth year he produced a full body one. Howard's Patronus appears as a Wolf, same as his Animagus form. When he joined the Order of the Phoenix he was taught how to send a message with his Patronus.
- Potions: Howard achieved an "Outstanding" in is potions O.W.L. and passed the N.E.W.T; Severus Snape stated that he was an "adequate" student. Howard's knowledge in potions is enough to create the Wolfsbane potion for his girlfriend and later wife Allison Caine after instruction from Snape. Years later, his knowledge in potion making allowed him to gain the job of both Potions master and teacher at Hogwarts.
- Study of Ancient Runes: Howard passed Ancient Runes with an "Acceptable", but didn't pass the N.E.W.T for the subject.
- Transfiguration: Howard achieved an Exceeds Expectations on his O.W.L and during his seventh year at Hogwarts, Howard passed his N.E.W.T. for Transfiguration, showing a great deal of understanding, skill with, and talent for the subject. He was capable of becoming an Animagus during his sixth year, something that most Wizards and Witches need a longer amount of time to learn. During battles against Death Eaters, Howard would use Transfiguration magic to cause the floor to rise and block the Killing Curse. Minerva McGonagall noted him to be exceptionally talented with Transfiguration magic.
- Nonverbal Magic: Howard learned to cast spells non-verbally during his years at Hogwarts, and by the start of the Second Wizarding War he had mastered it to a high degree, capable of casting moderately powerful spells with little loss of power, only needing to say the name for high tier curses or the most complex and difficult of spells. By 2017 (and in the alternate timeline) he no longer needs to say anything when utilizing any of the magic he knows.
- Wandless Magic: By 2000, Howard could lightly prod someone magically, and by 2017 he could light or put out nonmagical fires across the room from him with the wave of a hand, or turn the pages of over 10 books with the snap of his finger to a specific page despite them not being on the same pages beforehand.
- Indomitable Will: Howard has a very strong will, and was capable of resisting the Imperius Curse when it was cast on him by a Death Eater during the Department of Mysteries battle. In the alternate timeline, he refused to give in to Voldemort and kept a resistance going for over roughly ten years, and even managed to defeat the Dark Lord in a battle of wills.
- High Intellect: Having gotten achieved 5 N.E.W.Ts and 4 O.W.Ls, Howard possesses a very sharp mind and was noted by Filius Flitwick to easily be Ravenclaw material. Through deductive reasoning, he figured out that his future wife Allison Caine was a werewolf without her telling him or doing anything overtly suspicious about her condition. In the alternate timeline, Howard was capable observing that a killing curse fired from the Elder Wand which was held by Voldemort wouldn't kill him due to the lack of power, all by the dimmed green of the curse and within the length of time it took the curse to hit him.
- Leadership: Howard has the capacity to be a charismatic leader, and in the alternate timeline he was able to lead a strong resistance against Voldemort which survived for years despite the Dark Lord's efforts to destroy it.
- Improvising: Admittedly not that a great planner, Howard is far more skilled at improvising and figuring out potential solutions to the problems at hand or situation he is in on the spot rather than theorizing about how to go about it beforehand.
- Teaching: During his seventh year, Howard taught Harry Potter and Cedric Diggory a few useful spells to use in the Triwizard Tournament. Later in his life, he became the Potions teacher at Hogwarts and his classes were noted to be very enjoyable.
- Ebony Wand: Howard bought a wand at Olivander's once he turned Eleven, it is made of Ebony, Fourteen and a half inches, has a Unicorn core, and is slightly springy. His want is particularly useful for Transfiguration magic and all manner of combative magic. Howard is very happy with his wand and is rarely far from it. In the alternate timeline, Howard used this wand to disarm Voldemort and assume ownership of the Elder Wand. The last spell performed by this wand in the alternate timeline was Expelliarmus, the disarming charm.
- Hawthorn Wand (Alternate Timeline Only): After the death of Allison Caine at the hands of Bellatrix Lestrange, Howard found and kept her wand. When facing Bellatrix for the final time, Howard used Allison's wand to defeat and kill the Dark Witch. The last spell used by this wand in the alternate timeline was Avada Kedavra, the Killing Curse.
- Ceder Wand: After being captured by Death Eaters Howard's wand was taken from him during his interrogation and torture at their hands. He was eventually freed with help from the remnants of the Order of the Phoenix but his wand was revealed to be elsewhere. Howard took this wand, which was taken from a Death Eater he had disarmed physically during his liberation, which granted him mastery of it.
- The Elder Wand (Alternate Timeline Only): During their final duel Howard disarmed Voldemort, gaining mastery of the Elder Wand. He used this wand to kill the Dark Lord once and for all with the Killing Curse and later used it to slaughter dozens of Death Eaters. He also used it to perform Legilimency on Voldemort's daughter. The last spell performed by this wand in the alternate timeline was an unlocking charm.
- Broomstick: During his time playing Quidditch Howard used a Cleansweep Seven for three years and later used a Cleansweep Nine.
- Time-Turner (Third year to Seventh year): Howard was given a time-turner during his third year and used it to take all the elective courses at Hogwarts, he turned it in during his seventh year. In an alternate timeline, he found and gave the last true Time-Turner to Scorpius Malfoy after assaulting the Ministry of Magic.
Howard generally has positive relationships with those he meets and is know to be a pleasant, kind person.
- Clarence Feret: Howard's relationship with his father is a pleasant one, sometimes Howard would lament that going to Hogwarts meant being unable to go home during the Winter break, implying he missed his parents around those times. Every Christmas his parents would send a few gifts to Howard at Hogwarts.
- Veronica Feret: Like with his father, Howard has a good relationship with his mother, and regularly missed her during the winter break and would always smile when seeing her gifts during Christmas.
- Allison Caine: The love of his life, Howard met Allison during their first year and formed a close friendship with her that eventually became romantic. During his fourth year, Howard deduced that she was a werewolf and instead of breaking up with her he resolved to do everything he could to make their relationship work, learning to become an Animagus and how to brew the extremely complicated Wolfsbane potion in the process. By 2017 they married and had two children.
- Edward Feret: Howard is very protective of his children, and for the early years of their lives he would send them to a friend's house during the Full Moon until they were older and could understand their mother's condition better. Edward was sorted into Slytherin with the ambition to find a cure for Lycanthropy.
- Cassandra Feret: Howard is far more protective of Cassandra, mostly in relation to her boyfriends. When she and Edward were younger he would send her and her brother to a friend's house during the lead up to a Full Moon until they could understand their mother's condition better. Cassandra was sorted into Gryffindor, as she was noted to be very courageous and didn't flinch when she witnessed her mother's controlled werewolf state the first time.
As he spent a great deal of time among them when attending Hogwarts, Howard developed an almost family-like relationship with the Weasleys and came to view them as his extended family.
- Arthur and Molly Weasley: Howard is on good terms with Arthur and Molly, viewing them as his uncle and aunt while they view him as a nephew.
- Bill Weasley: Howard has a strong bond with Bill and views him as a "chill, cool older cousin"
- Charlie Weasley: While not quite as close to Charlie, Howard nonetheless cares about him like a close cousin.
- Percy Weasley: Only being two years younger than Percy, Howard knows him well, and while he does view the middle Weasley as family he is sometimes frustrated with how uptight Percy can be and was angry at him when he sided with the Ministry of Magic and was glad to see him eventually make up with the other Weasleys.