The following is official policy of this wiki.
Naming of articles about characters will, wherever possible, abide by the following conditions:
- An article's title should contain the full ﬁrst and last names.
- Exceptions to this are characters who are known by two given names.
- In lacking a proper name, a character article should be identified by ‘’proximity” (or their relation) to another character (e.g. an article about the nameless father of Hermione Granger would be titled as "Hermione Granger’s father").
- An article's title should contain the last name used throughout the work they’re featured in, regardless of marriage.
- Character articles should use Western name order, which places the given name(s) before the surname(s), even if the subject is from a culture which traditionally places the surname(s) before the given name.
As not to generate ambiguity regarding articles with the same name, all pages related to characters, families, locations, events, spells, and other related topics are to possess after their title either a parenthesized acronym of the work (or fictional verse) where they derivate from, the full name of the work, or the name of their creator.
- Example with acronym: Theodore Nott (GATS)
- Example with name of work/verse: Harry Potter (Prince's World)
- Example with name of author: James Potter (Scopatore)