|This profile/story complies with book canon but ignores information from Pottermore and other sources.|
"Bonnie Wee Thing" is a short story by Squibstress. It is the first story of the author's Epithalamium series chronicling the life of Minerva McGonagall. It is written as a series of ten double-drabbles.
- Bonie wee thing, cannie wee thing,
- Lovely wee thing, wert thou mine,
- I wad wear thee in my bosom,
- Lest my jewel it should tine.
- Wishfully I look and languish
- In that bonie face o' thine,
- And my heart it stounds wi' anguish,
- Lest my wee thing be na mine.
- Wit, and Grace, and Love, and Beauty,
- In ae constellation shine;
- To adore thee is my duty,
- Goddess o' this soul o' mine!
A baby girl with some surprisingly strong magic is born to Thorfinn and Morrigan McGonagall.
- Minerva McGonagall
- Thorfinn McGonagall (Minerva's father)
- Morrigan McGonagall (Minerva's mother)
- Morna MacLaughlin (Minerva's maternal grandmother)
- A midwife
- Family Echo genealogy page for characters in the Epithalamium series universe.
|Novels||Epithalamium · Come Autumn, Sae Pensive (1967)|
|Novellas||Till A' the Seas Gang Dry · Because It Is Bitter, and Because It Is My Heart|
|Stories||"Bonnie Wee Thing" · "Winterreise (1976)" · "Familiar Rituals (1977)" · "Mammals of the Order Chiroptera (August 1995)" · "Ca' the Yowes (1996)" · "After the Fall (June 1997)"|
|Characters||Minerva McGonagall · Albus Dumbledore · Severus Snape · Thorfinn McGonagall · Amelia Bones · Poppy Pomfrey · Alastor Moody|