- Amycus Doyle: "You're a Weasley?!"
- Arthur: "That's right; surprised?"
- Amycus Doyle: "Ye-I mean, well, you...you're just-"
- Arthur: "I'm what; A Slytherin? Black? Yea, I get that a lot. Newsflash bruv, not all Weasleys are freckle-faced redhead Gryffindors."
- — Arthur's first conversation with the Quidditch captain Amycus Doyle.
Arthur Jr. began attending Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in 2013 where he literally made history by being the first Weasley ever to be Sorted into Slytherin. When news traveled back to the Burrow about Arthur Jr.'s sorting, his grandmother Molly promptly fainted and had to be tended to by Percy and Fred. Although shocked at the result of the Sorting, both George and Angelina made it clear that it did not change how much they loved their son. Although the rest of the family agreed, Molly felt that having Arthur's namesake be a "snake" tarnishes his memory, so she and Arthur Jr. have a reputation for having memorable rows at family gatherings.
Barney and Arthur Jr. are cousins but close enough to be brothers. They are born on the same day and since Arthur Jr. refuses to go to the Burrow for his birthday because of Molly Weasley's prejudices against Slytherins, Barney and Arthur Jr. spend their birthday every year in Muggle London.
- Molly Weasley: "You are a WEASLEY in SLYTHERIN! And Arthur's NAMESAKE no less! If that isn't a disgrace in this family—"
- Arthur Jr.: "—Me?! A disgrace?! What about you?! How would my grandfather feel about you treating his grandson like dirt because he was different ya daft bint?"
- George and Angelina Weasley: "ARTHUR!"
- — Molly Weasley having a row with Arthur Jr. while his parents are present
Because of this, his parents, George and Angelina, dreaded any family gathering at the Burrow, as Molly would always find a way to have a row with her grandson. Arthur Jr. eventually gave up on his grandmother and usually opts to stay home whenever his family goes to the Burrow, unless it is a holiday or special occasion.