A Simple Twist Of Fate (abbreviated as "ASTOF") is a story written by TheAwesomeWriter (known as HarryPotterRules1 on this wiki) and is based on a combination of ideas from Harry Potter, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Pride and Prejudice, The Noblility System of Britain, Debretts and many others.
The story takes place in an alternate universe in which Lily and James survive the attack on Godric's Hollow and give up their infant son, Harry, to an orphanage in order to raise his twin brother, Lance, without any distractions.
Ten years ago the Dark Lord Voldemort met his match in the form of a young boy. Now that young boy is heading to Hogwarts, and life will never be the same.
The idea of an active narrator, as seen in A Series of Unfortunate Events, along with the idea of not judging a book by it's cover, as seen in Pride and Prejudice, were the ultimate inspirations of this story. Merging these ideas with Harry Potter led to the story ultimately coming to fruition.
- Harry's friendship with Theodore Nott.
- Harry's relationship with his family.
Constantly being updated as the story continues.
- Harry Potter - son of Lily and James Potter, twin brother of Lancelot Potter. Harry has been raised at Morningside Orphanage since he was 15 months old and now finds himself thrust into a world and a family that he had no idea existed.
- Lancelot Potter - son of Lily and James Potter, twin brother of Harry Potter. Lance has been raised in the lap of luxury, pampered and spoiled, and it's left him overweight and a little unfeeling. Will being reunited with the brother he never knew he had be enough to change him?
- Theodore Nott - the eldest son of Ariadne and Androginious Nott, elder brother of Horatio and Bertie, niece of Calliope, great-nephew of Agatha. Raised at Nott Manor in Suffolk in a pure-blood household, Theo has a prejudice against Muggleborns and half-bloods but will a chance meeting with Harry provide the tools Theo needs to change his ways?
- Vincent Crabbe - Draco's pure-blood morbidly obese lackey who is not exactly the sharpest of people.
- Gregory Goyle - pure-blood friend of Crabbe; overweight lackey of Draco Malfoy who, much like Crabbe, cannot be considered smart.
- Draco Malfoy - pure-blood "friend" of Crabbe and Goyle and the son of Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy; pure-blood and bigoted, Draco takes an immediate dislike to Harry and Lance.